Pages

Saturday, August 25, 2007

Tonight my sister-in-law called to tell me that my mother is in the hospital. She had been getting dizzy spells and had fallen a few times. I called and spoke to her. She reassured me that it wasn't her heart and was probably just vertigo, but who really knows. It seems as if it isn't anything serious at this point.

When I hung up the phone, I was somber. I wasn't worried that she was near death. I knew that she was OK , but I realized that one day a call like that would come and she wouldn't be fine. She's getting older. She has some health issues. She lives in another state.

It makes me wish I were closer. It makes me wish I could fix everything in her life.

For now, I pray for her and tell her I love her. It seems like small comfort, but it's all I can do.

No comments: