Pages

Thursday, August 30, 2007

Dear Diary

This has been a busy week.

I did two interviews, got a job, took a drug test (I passed in case you're wondering!) started choir rehearsals at church, dyed my hair, and lost 1 pound...but I think it was just from dehydration.

Whew....I'm tired! A good tired. A satisfied tired. A sleeping-peacefully-from-exhaustion tired.

I have had more adult interaction in the last week than I have had during the last month. It feels great to finally be doing more than managing my home; a job I love, but am a little weary of at this point.

Choir rehearsal was fun. I think that I am going to like it. There were about 60 people there and a fair number of men, which is great because they are often hard to dig up and help balance out the usually numerous female voices.

I chatted with a few women I hadn't met before. Everyone seemed friendly and I can see this as a jumping off point for feeling more cohesively a part of our church, something I have been struggling with for a while.

My boss at the non-profit is very sweet. So, I see no potential problems on that front. Although part of my job is to do presentations in local elementary schools through a form of puppetry called Bunraku. The puppets themselves are different than those you see on Wikipedia, but the style of puppetry is the same as the Japanese form. I will be dressed in black with black gloves, and a black hood covering my head as I manipulate a puppet. I have several scripts to memorize and polish for performance. It's very serious. My boss has done it for years and is incredibly good at it. Totally professional. I'm usually not afraid of performing in front of people, but I have never done this type of performance before.

Just call me the Puppet Ninja--because that's what I'll look like all dressed in black.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

She is.... The Puppet Master! Just ask me, seems like she's been manipulating me to do her will for years... ;-)