Pages

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Dependable God

YIPPEEE!!!

I have officially been welcomed back into the loving arms of the gainfully employed!

It's really a God thing. About a year ago, when we were trying to figure out how in the world we were going to make it with me still being home, I had inquired about a part-time position with a non-profit organization. It was very appealing and followed the school calender, but was going to be too logistically difficult to make it work with Intuitive Monkey still being at home for part of the day. After speaking with the hiring manager, I intially thought it would work. Thinking more in depth about it, I realized it just wasn't going to work, but maybe it would the next year when both boys were in school. I called back and told her that I was sorry, but that I wouldn't be coming in to apply for the job after all. She said she appreciated the fact that I called her back to let her know as opposed to simply not showing up the next morning as we had discussed.

My much blogged about angst about when and how I would find a job, and whether anybody would ever hire me after being out of the official workforce for so long, had continued to grow and leave me feeling lost. I wanted a part-time job, during school hours, that paid decently, and didn't require me to have to put the boys in day care. That's not asking for much, is it? Obviously, that's what about a bazillion mothers would love to have. Who was I to think that I could manage to pull off such a feat as to have the perfect working/home situation?

Finding such a thing seemed like tossing a bottle into the ocean and returning 1 year later to have it wash up on shore at your feet the instant you approached the water.

Impossible. Preposterous. Wishful Thinking.

Thankfully, I have a Father who knows what I need even before I ever do. He always steps in and reminds me that He hasn't forgotten me. He sets my heart at rest and lets me rely upon Him when I have come to the end of myself.

Two days ago I got a call out of the blue: Do you remember this job? You do? I know we spoke over a year ago, but I saved your information. This position is open again and we are looking for someone. Are you still interested? You are.......well I'd love to see you tomorrow morning and talk with you more.

A couple of interviews, fingerprint screening and one drug test later and I have a job. The perfect job for me. For my family. For this time in my life.

Thanks God!

Matthew 6:31-33

"So do not worry, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?' For pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness and all these things will be given to you as well."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love when God works this way because it leaves no doubt in your mind that it's all Him and none of you. As our pastor would say, "yeah God!"