Pages

Friday, August 24, 2007

Surprised

You wouldn't know it from the lack of comments, but this blog has been visited over 50 times today by people looking for information about Randy and Paula White's divorce because of the post I wrote earlier.

I'm not sure what to make of that. Hits from California to New York continue to roll in from personal networks, University networks, Military networks, Government Networks, and they all are looking for the same thing...information about the Whites.

It saddens me as I realize the impact that one couple's divorce evokes from such a wide swath of people--people who looked to them for guidance and direction. I am sure it is shocking to them, as it is when it happens to a couple you know personally. You are left trying to piece together the perceptions you have had with the reality that exists. It's uncomfortable and unpleasant to gaze onto other people's tragedies.

As I think about all of this, I hope and pray that as people mull over the implications of this scandal that instead of disillusionment, God will speak to them. That He will expose what needs to be exposed, build up what needs to be built up, and teach us how to place our faith and assurance in Him alone.

No comments: