Pages

Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Refuting The Jesus Puzzle--Introduction

While perusing Science Daily's articles about science, it was hard to ignore a very prominent ad with a mosaic picture of Jesus, a large question mark looming over him. Clicking the link led me to a site promoting a movie called, The God Who Wasn't There, a documentary by Brian Flemming. The title pretty much sums up what the movie is about--proving that Jesus never actually existed. Intrigued, I waded through the site and eventually, through a few google searches found this page, by Earl Doherty, who is referenced on the website for the movie.


Reading The Jesus Puzzle just inflamed my outrage, not because Doherty is an atheist, or even that he is trying to persuade others to throw off religious belief, but because many of his statements are lacking logic, circular in nature, and just plain ludicrous. It would be easy to see how someone who never actually read the Bible could be swayed by his arguments, but those who have read it can see glaring discrepancies and misrepresentations very easily.

I have much to say about it, but want to write a detailed response, something that is difficult during the day when my kids are hootin' and hollerin' in the background. I'll be presenting it in several parts. Hopefully, I'll have the first part out tonight.

No comments: