Pages

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Off To Jury Duty

I am awake, dressed in grown-up clothes and desperately trying to scrape together a cup of coffee to fortify me this morning. It would be a lot easier if I had remembered to buy coffee filters. Instead I had to reverse engineer my own out of a couple layers of paper towels, hoping that maybe they would be equivalent. They're not.

This is my first time for showing up for Jury Duty. In some ways, it would be neat to be a part of the judicial system and see things from the inside. On the other hand, having to be a part of a jury that's dealing with something very serious such as a murder, child abuse, or rape is not something I especially want to do. But--as I constantly tell my kids when they whine about doing any sort of chore--sometimes we have to do things that we don't feel like doing or they would never get done.

I'll report back later with all the juicy details!...that might be illegal.

No comments: