Pages

Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Chemo Day

Because of my unexpected trip to Illinois, I delayed my chemo for a few days. I was supposed to start on Monday, but changed it to tomorrow, July 2nd.

Honestly, I haven't had much time to think about it, or be consumed by nervous anticipation. I have been so busy with the trip, and caring for my mother, that it hasn't even entered my mind.

That's probably a good thing.

I started a course of oral steroids today, according to my oncologist's orders. I take them the day before, the day of, and the day after chemo, supposedly to help with nausea and chemo side effects. I have been told that most people react to chemo, not on the day of treatment, but 2-3 days later, so the 4th of July might be interesting. Hopefully, the steroids will help.

I'll blog sometime tomorrow about how everything went down.

No comments: