Pages

Monday, July 14, 2008

The Beginning of Baldness?

My hair is starting to fall out.

It's a little early. Cytoxan, one of the chemo drugs I'm on, usually causes hair loss within 2-3 weeks. I'm a few days shy of the 2 week mark, but some of my hair is already committing hari kari by leaping from my scalp onto the deadly spikes of my brush, or the distant ground below. If I listen closely, I can hear their muffled screams as they plummet to their deaths,"Aaaiieee....!"

I have enough hair on my head for twenty people, so it's not noticeable at this point, but if the process begins to accelerate, I'm going to have to shave my head. I can't walk around spontaneously leaving clumps of hair in a trail behind me like a molting animal.

I may call my sister-in-law, a hair-dresser, and see if she wants to do the honor of shaving it for me. I'm not sure if that would be a good idea, or not. She can be emotional and I don't want her to freak out when it's done and my head is bare. I'll be doing enough freaking out for myself.

No comments: