Pages

Monday, September 03, 2007

There are times when you wish you could open up your skull, pluck out a few thoughts and directly fuse them to another person's mind. It seems the only way to really convey the feeling and thoughts that words only weakly express. Such was my desire tonight as I read a blog that I frequently visit; the blog of a Christian young woman who has been strugggling with her faith for some time.

I want to tell her it's OK.

I want to tell her that God has not abandoned and will not abandon her.

I want to express that emotions do not convey God's presence, and often mislead us in the dark night, as we lay awake pondering the desolate moments of our souls.

I want to tell her to run from any church that is more about pointing out all the ways we don't measure up and find a place where the people understand God's love in a real way, not while thinking "I say God loves everybody, but I don't really believe it, because all I ever hear about are the ways that I am a disappointment to Him."

My heart hurts for her.

I want to express God's truth to her without resorting to dusty cliches that seem to have lost any power and effectiveness as a result of their thoughtless and constant use.

I want to giver her hope and encouragement.

I am a stranger to her...a commenter who pops in from time to time, but I feel for her. She is my sister in Christ, though she may not feel it. I pray for her as if I knew her. May God grant her peace, rest and revelation

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Terri. More than you know, thank you. This period has been among the darkest in my life, and it helps to know that there are people out there like you.

terri said...

I wish that there was more that I could do.

Just don't give up. Your time will come. You will find what you're looking for.

Remember, it's not all on your shoulders. God has a way of surprising us unexpectedly and graciously