Pages

Wednesday, September 05, 2007

One Year of Blogging!

I knew that it had almost been a complete year since I had started this particular blog, but I didn't realize that I had actually passed the anniversary a couple of days ago.

My first post was published on 9/3/06. It wasn't much in the way of posts, but was mainly a brief statement about why I had the blog in the first place.

It took me over two months before I got my first comment, which came out of the blue. It was a pleasant and unexpected surprise to know that someone actually read my blog and took the time to comment--this was before I had installed sitemeter, so I had no clue and was still a blog newbie.

A year later and my blog is still somewhat random and lacking a particular theme, though if hard-pressed I would simply say that it represents my thought life--which happens also to be very random and lacking a particular theme.

I did several posts about atheism which led to some great comments and interaction, one post in particular being featured by Aust!n Cline on the atheism section of about.com. That was surreal especially because he didn't bother to comment on my site and never informed me that he was doing a post about it. Very lame. Of course, my post was met with the typical theists-are-such-idiotic-bigots comments on his site, but whatever.

I have encountered some semi-regular commenters and readers here and there though many of them lurk. That's OK because I lurk sometimes too.

I have chronicled the cute sayings of my kids.

I have poured out some of the angst I deal with in relation to motherhood and my extended family.

I have learned a thing or two about blogging.

I make just as many typos as a year ago.

I have learned that it takes great effort to be a consistently good blogger...thus my excuse for not always being one.

I am a year older.

It's been a good year. I hope this next one will be even better.



2 comments:

Musicguy said...

Happy Blogiversary!

terri said...

Thanks!

One whole year and I'm still not rich or famous.

I guess I have a goal for this next year! :-)