Pages

Thursday, November 29, 2007

Clean Carpets

Me on the cell phone with DH as I am pulling into the driveway:

"I don't know if I'm ready to get a Christmas tree this weekend. The carpet really needs to be cleaned and I wanted to get that done before we put a tree up. It will be too hard once it's in the house."

"You can always do it later," said DH.

"Yeah..I guess so. Well, I'm home now. I'll talk to you later. Bye."

I opened the door and my first thought was, "Gee, I really need to take the garbage out. It smells awful in here."

That should have been my first clue.

I let the dog out and then noticed a small spot where she had had an accident--a rare occurrence for her, but she had diarrhea the day before. The spot wasn't too big, so I started getting stuff to clean it up, and that's when I noticed a trail of tiny little spots in the hallway. Not good, but still easy to clean up. I rounded the corner into my son's bedroom and was hit with a horrible smell and a ghastly sight which can only be called the "Great Poop Explosion of '07".

It was everywhere; on my son's pajamas that he had forgotten to put in the laundry, on some papers, and spattered across the floor like a Rorschach test. ugh. I gagged and raced out of the room. I had to get a carpet cleaner ASAP!

After hours of cleaning, everything smells and looks like new, except for the pajamas which were pitched into the garbage for some poor garbage man to have to deal with.

Well, at least I was motivated to get the carpet cleaned before we got our tree. I guess even the messes in our lives can spur us on to quick action.

Lesson learned?

Poop prevents procrastination.

I know....It should be on a fortune cookie!

No comments: