Pages

Monday, June 29, 2009

Safari feature turns me into a cyber stalker

hmmm...I just realized that one of the new features of the Safari update we downloaded recently automatically registers visits to websites we frequently frequent.

It's an interesting application, drawing up a screen with "top 12" screenshots of your popular sites.

I couldn't figure out why the stats for my blog kept showing me repeatedly visiting it even when I knew I hadn't. Apparently, instead of maintaining an image of websites with a link attached to them, like a visual "bookmarks" or "favorites", Safari is actually "visiting" those sites every time it's opened.

Considering that our computer is always on, and multiple people use it off and on throughout the day, my IP address must appear dozens of times a day on certain blogs, even when I am not actively visiting them.

I must seem like a cyber stalker.

I'm not sure if I like this feature.

1 comment:

Assistant Village Idiot said...

So maybe I'm not getting as many visitors as my stats tell me.