Pages

Saturday, March 10, 2007

Fun Sites For Kids

Yesterday was one of those days when I spent more time yelling at the kids than I spent doing anything else. They were rowdy, argumentative, and just generally enjoying tormenting each other which, in turn, torments me. Combined with the exhaustion I felt, it was the perfect storm of bad circumstances.

By the time dinner was over, I was feeling guilty about my inability to be patient with them and trying to ignore the voices in my head reminding me of what a crappy mother I had been all day.

I went online and found some activity pages to keep them happy, and most importantly sitting still and quietly.

Here's a list of sites I found with connect-the-dots, mazes, word searches and other fun stuff for kids to do.

www.billybear4kids.com -this site has activities for several different levels, so it could work for a broad age range. The "hard" and "very hard" mazes were much more complicated than most mazes I see for kids. My oldest loved them.

www.bogglesworldesl.com -this site is really aimed towards ESL (English as a second language) students, but it still has things that other kids would like. My oldest used one of the creative writing story starters and enjoyed it.

www.printactivities.com -has lots of theme-oriented print-outs

www.coloring-page.net -the mazes and connect-the-dots were much simpler and more appropriate for pre-k kids

www.pbskids.org -this site is great for online games, especially if your kids already watch PBS

No comments: