Pages

Friday, January 19, 2007

Miscellaneous Updates

I know that all two of my avid readers(my husband and me) are desperate for me to tie up the loose ends in my blog. So, here is the resolution of most of my blog cliffhangers.

The John Scalzi Book....I decided not to read it. I was too busy preparing our house for the youngest's B-day party that I didn't feel like making myself read a book that starts out with an anal probe.

The Virgin Queen....I did watch the second half, but passed out for the last fifteen minutes.(@#!$*) They postponed the timing of it a half an hour later than it was supposed to be. I was exhausted from cleaning all day before the birthday party and then actually hosting the party. I just couldn't keep my eyes open.

The Hippocampus....I had wondered about the study on amnesia and the imagination and whether that correlated to the same issues with Alzheimer's. I discovered that the hippocampus is often one of the first areas to be affected by Alzheimer's and that it does cause similar disorientation. Wow....I actually proved one of my meandering thoughts is correct! My next thought about this: if someone has really great spacial abilities, does that translate into them having a better, more accurate memory and perhaps even more creativity?....I am going to check that out later.

The Excellent Life....I skipped church Sunday morning in order to finish getting ready for the party. My husband came home grinning and told me to guess what the sermon was about. Excellence, of course! See, it's like God didn't want me to go there and have to cringe, sigh and mentally criticize the message.

No comments: