Pages

Saturday, July 25, 2009

Tragedy

A friend of our family just tragicallly lost her father, the one I mentioned in a post a few months ago, who had rejected all of his former beliefs and become an atheist. He apparently took his own life.

It's shocking and heart-wrenching, especially considering the recent strain on his relationships with other people.

I don't know the whole story, at this point. I know that he had recently been having health problems and had been hospitalized for physical ailments. Perhaps the pain of what he was dealing with physically, and the mental illness/depression he has battled off and on made for a deadly combination.

I worry for my friend, a devout Christian who, as far as I know still has a pretty traditional view of Heaven, Hell, and Salvation.

I worry that this tragedy will only be the tip of what she might be dealing with emotionally.

Say a few prayers for my unnamed friend and her family.

No comments: