Pages

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Mother's Day, the good part

I am now the proud owner of a Snuggie.


I have the smurf blue color...and I am totally rockin' the look.  I can't decide whether I look more like a monk from the year 2234, or an extra from a B, sci-fi movie...I guess the two choices don't need to be mutually exclusive.

The boys each had things they had made and written for me at school.

The Rationalist completed a little booklet of writing prompts: 

My mother looks prettiest when...she goes to church.

My favorite thing about my mother is...she loves me.

If I could give my mother something special just from me it would be...to be nice. (gee, I wonder where he got that from?!...my exasperated pleas to "just be nice" when he's tormenting his younger brother?)

My favorite time together is when we..hug together. (no mention of playing Wii with him...wow!)

I know my mother loves me because...she says so

The Intuitive had something similar from his class in a letter form:

Dear Mom, 

You are the best!!  You are better than everything. Thank you for my allowance and choosing a great church.  Have a stupendous Mother's Day.  I love you.

I asked him if he really thought I was better than everything and he said,"Yeah!...except for God." 

I'm not sure I'm worthy of such high esteem, but it was very sweet.

Motherhood has been a source of great joy and extreme despair for me at times.  There are days when I doubt everything I do and wonder if I'm royally screwing up the whole thing.

Will I be the mother whose grown children cringe when she calls?  I'm hoping not.

I love these two boys and am grateful that I have had the chance to be their mother.

No comments: