Pages

Wednesday, June 09, 2010

Rock the Casbah!





Who else can rock a mohawk and a polo shirt buttoned up to the very top button?

No one else but The Intuitive!










He's been pestering me for a mohawk since he was 5. I kept pushing the idea away, telling him he had to wait until he was older. Finally, I compromised and told him he could have one during summer break, when it wouldn't be a distraction in school. A couple of weeks ago, I moved up the date and told him that I would give him one the night before the last day of school.





So, here it is.


Despite his less than excited expression...he was very happy!





The Intuitive is even more excited because next year the "mandatory uniform" policy at his school has been changed to a "voluntary uniform" policy.....which might as well be a "no uniform" policy because who is going to continue to wear uniforms when they see all their classmates being allowed to wear anything they want?

Oh, that's right....The Rationalist will!

He's already informed me as much. A love of uniforms, patrol authority, and a reverence for following the rules....that kid is cut out for the military.

Meanwhile, The Intuitive is thinking of all the different ways he can wear his hair and clothing.

Experimentation, thy name is The Intuitive.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it's great. A somewhat harmless way of expressing independence and growing up. My nephew, at about the same age, died his beautiful red hair jet black one summer. His parents survived. :-)

Oh, and thanks for the ear worm. Now I have that awful Rock the Casbah song running through my head! :-)

-aza-

Anonymous said...

Oops, I mean "dyed".

Assistant Village Idiot said...

Some kids you have to tone down the weirdness and channel it into acceptable spots. Other kids need to be weirded up a bit, just to see what it's like.