Pages

Thursday, January 28, 2010

My grandmother seems to swing wildly between seeming as if she's on death's door and seeming as if she's just fine. I never know what I'm going to find when I visit her.

Today, while we were waiting for her lunch to show up so that I could help her eat, I asked her if she wanted me to read her paperback out loud to her.

She thought that would be a great idea.

Poor Grandma.

She missed all the sex scenes in her Trashy Supernatural Romance Novel.

I can't read the phrases "growing manhood", "scent of their lovemaking", and "burning lips" in front of my 86 year old grandmother....at least not without laughing hysterically.

Who'd have thought that I would have to censor my elder's reading material?

2 comments:

Retriever said...

heheh! My mom read dreck like that too, when she was really old and sick. I would tease her unmercifully about it. The worst was when she would listen to these English pulp romance novels on audiobooks and I would be keeping her company, trying not to snicker...

Assistant Village Idiot said...

There's a woman who has a blog at Good Housekeeping talking about sex. I read an interview with her somewhere.

This seem connected when I started typing it, but now I'm not so sure...

Except that the wv is "testesyl." It all fits in somehow.