Pages

Sunday, June 01, 2008

Sunday Blah's

I'm missing church again this morning.

Although I feel well in general, some swelling has developed right under my arm from the surgery. Right by my shoulder it looks as if someone slid a small lime just under my skin. Sort of freaky. It's not a big deal, and will dissipate over the next couple of weeks, but for the moment it makes wearing certain clothing very uncomfortable.

And then there's the fact that I am still unbalanced, physically speaking. I can't get a prosthesis, for another week or so, which makes sitting in church, hoping the polyester-fill puffs that I can wear aren't shifting around, an unappealing choice.

I had enough embarrassing moments in my adolescence, I don't need to add to my mental collection of humiliation. Creating new memories in that category is the opposite of what I was hoping for as I aged. I'd rather let the ones I do recall fade to black as my memory gets worse. No need to replace them.

Anyway, I miss church. Getting out of the house and having something else to focus on would be good for me. Plus, I'm missing communion today and won't partake in it again until the first Sunday of the next month.

However, by then I should be unswollen, balanced, and mostly normal...although I'm not sure normal is a good word to describe me.

:-)

No comments: