Pages

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Living With Doubt

"If you would be a real seeker after truth, it is necessary that at least once in your life you doubt, as far as possible, all things."
--Rene Descartes

I have lived with doubt.
I have doubted myself. I have doubted my marriage. I have doubted my abilities as a mother. I have doubted God. I have doubted just about everything possible to doubt.
I doubt Republicans. I doubt Democrats. I doubt the preacher. I doubt the atheist .
I doubt my own doubts. Are they even real or just an imaginary construct to keep my mind busy?
I doubt that anybody reads this blog. Well, I don't actually doubt that.
I doubt that Rene Descartes actually ever doubted anything. How would I even know? He lived like a bazillion years ago.
I doubt that UFO's exist despite all these detailed pictures.
I doubt that Hillary is really as awful as this guy thinks she is.
I doubt that most conspiracy theorists take their medication.
I doubt that I will ever have a job like these.
I doubt anyone will actually pay $399 to use Kindle to read books.
I doubt anyone cares about my doubts.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ooh... I want to be a dice inspector! Wait, I doubt you'll believe that... ;-)